So if you haven’t seen my post from yesterday, I’ve decided to do a 31 day Blog Challenge. Each day I’ll be writing a post based on what the topic is for that day. Today it’s 20 facts about me and tomorrow it’s the meaning of my blog name. So if you’re interested where That One Birch comes from, be sure to check in with me tomorrow.
20 Facts About Me
- I am obsessed with my two dogs. Like, literally, all day errday. They are my children and if anyone tries to talk bad about them I cannot be held accountable for my actions.
- I am hard of hearing. This is something I’ve written in my About Me page, but I feel this needs to be mentioned again since it’s a big part of my life. I grew up on sign language and sometimes I have to think of how to say things in sign language before I can actually articulate the words.
- When I clean raw chicken off my hands I like to pretend I’m actually scrubbing in for a surgery on Grey’s Anatomy. Seriously, have you ever watched them scrub in? They get the gunk out from under their nails… we know that’s raw chicken gunk, they can’t fool me.
- I’m lactose intolerant. Get that dairy away from me, fool! It’s pretty severe, too. Sometimes I try to pretend I’m not and I’ll drink milk or cheese (some cheeses don’t bother me) and then I’ll be sick for two days straight. My stomach tries to murder me during this period of time.
- I don’t like chocolate. I’ll say that again because I’m pretty sure you’re pretty sure you read that wrong: I don’t like chocolate. In fact I’m not much a fan for sweets in general. Every once in a blue moon I’ll crave sugar but it’s not too often.
- I’m a sucker for salty, starchy foods. French fries are the bane of my existence.
- If Tina and Louise Belcher from Bob’s Burgers were to fuse together to become one person then that person would be me. They are my spirit animals.
- Pandas are the greatest animals on the face of this planet. Besides pugs. And my two furry babies.
- After a year in speech class I still have trouble pronouncing R’s in words. “Really?” More like “weally.”
- I used to write roleplay posts in chats, instant messaging, and forums. I have over 15 years of experience doing it. Nerdy, I know. But writing about zombie apocalypses and living in Hogwarts was far more entertaining to me than going outside.
- Never have I been on a cruise. Related to that, my husband and I never took a honeymoon after we were married. We always said it would be a cruise. It is something that we want to plan eventually.
- When I was in middle school I would watch the original Star Wars trilogy everyday after school. I was literally obsessed with it. My family thought there was something wrong with me to watch it over and over again. The force wasn’t with them.
- I am a Netflix-aholic. I bring binge watching to the next level. I don’t just binge watch a show once, I binge watch it several times. Because who can get enough of Buffy The Vampire Slayer or Doctor Who? Because Badwolf that’s why. (Yeah, you Whovians know what I’m talking about!)
- My favorite color is green. Second favorite is purple.
- I am a huge fan of naps. If I could I would take fifty naps a day.
- I love to dye my hair. Usually I’ll go red or black but lately I’ve been considering something closer to purple.
- I hate feet. They’re dirty and gross. The husband tries to put his bare feet on me and I run away screaming like my head’s on fire. But I don’t feel that way about my own feet and expect all the foot rubs.
- I’m quite the introvert and although I can play the role of social butterfly, I don’t like any social gatherings outside of family get togethers.
- I play video games like it’s a religion. Guild Wars 2 is usually my game of choice and I can spend days playing with little to no breaks.
- I am scared of whales. They are evil beasts who will eat you.
So that’s my list of 20 facts about me! At least some facts about me. I have to be honest when you’re trying to think of facts you tend to draw a complete blank.